Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Meant for Content

love unkind
psalms reversed
but I promise this love is mine
my footsteps follow when yours
leave
grab the keys til you plead
my eyes blind
while my love leads
hearts aligned in time
well I've waited
at times, passion so charismatic
I've hated the mind
curse when you dare go
because it was created perfectly
for me
ashes of the old me, curled up
in your love
the new me, beholding
exceptional in our flaw
with beauty surrounding our hands
diamond of my lens
I've never known right but I've always
wanted him
you could only walk away to take my way
darling, they aint ready for you
orchards in my kiss
darling, don't let them elude you
roses in my tears
when you're lacing up shoes
its been unkind because
the world wants what is mine
you promised me your love
the white picket fence and the white dove
never the stars and stripes
war is why you depart
but right in my heart, lies the fight
baby, I salute
an exceptional Salute

No comments:

Post a Comment